Etiquetas

sábado, 2 de mayo de 2020

MAKING A COMPLAINT


Here are expressions you can use when complaining:
  • I have a complaint to make. ...
  • Sorry to bother you but...
  • I'm sorry to say this but...
  • I'm afraid I've got a complaint about...
  • I'm afraid there is a slight problem with...
  • Excuse me but there is a problem about...
  • There seems to be a problem with…
  • I’m not satisfied with…
Positive response to complaints:
  • I'm so sorry, but this will never occur / happen again.
  • I'm really sorry; we'll do our best not to make the same mistake again.

Negative response to complaints:

  • Sorry there is nothing we can do about it.
  • I'm afraid, there isn't much we can do about it.


If you do not agree with the solution given:


This is unfair. /I don’t think this is fair.
This is ridiculous. / I think this is ridiculous.
This seems unreasonable/I think that sounds unreasonable.



Can I speak to your supervisor?
Can I speak to your manager?
Is there someone else I could speak to about this matter?




When expressing a complaint in English, it helps to be polite. Although "I'm angry about your pizza. It's too salty" is one possible way of expressing a complaint, it is considered too rude and you'd better use more polite expressions if you want to get what you want.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario